1. Sugar – 2 cups
2. Water – 2 cups
3. Ghee – ¾ cup
4. Rava – 1.5 cups
5. Milk – ½ ltr
6. Cashews broken – 25 gm
1. Add 1 cup water to 2 cups of sugar and boil the solution to prepare caramel syrup. Use a pan with thick bottom for preparing the syrup.
2. When the boiling solution turns golden colour add the remaining 1 cup water also, and boil still sugar content fully dissolves.
3. Keep stirring till caramel syrup is prepared.
4. Heat ghee in another pan and fry the rava for a few minutes. The colour should not change too much.
5. Bring flame to medium position and pour milk to hot rava, and cook the contents.
6. Add caramel syrup along with broken cashew nuts to it and mix well.
7. Keep stirring till water content is fully absorbed.
8. Transfer the kesari to a plate and spread it well. Its top should be well-polished.
9. When it cools off, cut into desired pieces and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine August 15-30 2016
You can read a few more semolina (rava) recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.
(Visited 101 times, 1 visits today)