Mango Pickle/ Maanga Achaar a part of Kerala’s traditional sadya, and served on the left hand side of banana leaf along with ginger curry and lemon pickle/curry. In southern parts of Kerala, this mango pickle is mixed with thick curd and served on banana leaf as a side dish of rice. It’s an excellent combo with rice.
1. Green mango cut into tiny pieces – 1 cup
2. Gingelly oil – 2 small spoons
3. Chilli powder – 2 small spoons
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Asafoetida powder – ¼ tsp
Mustard powder – ¼ tsp
Fenugreek seeds fried and powdered ¼ tsp
Salt – As required
1. Heat gingelly oil in a thick-bottomed pan and add ingredients no: 3.
2. Boil the contents well adding sufficient water and put the flame off.
3. When the gravy is cooled off, add mango pieces and mix well. Mango pickle is ready.
Archive: Vanitha magazine September 1-14 2011 edition
(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)