1. Beetroot -2 nos
2. Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
3. Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
4. Salt and water – as required
5. Scrapped coconut – 1 cup
Shallots – 2 nos
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
6. Curd – 4 small spoons
7. Coconut oil – 2 tsp
8. Mustard – 1 tsp
9. Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
10. Curry leaves – 2 stalks
Method of Preparation:
- Cook beetroot using water, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder. (You can also cut into small pieces – your preference)
- Smash it well to a fine paste if you are cooking beetroot as whole.
- Grind contents 5 in a mixer to a fine paste and add to cooked beetroot to boil.
- Add curd to the mixture, and allow it to boil. Switch off the flame when curd starts boiling.
- Heat oil, add mustard, fenugreek and curry leaves, and allow it to splutter. Add the mixture to the beetroot curry.
Archive: October 1-14 2011
Read a few more beet root recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.