1. Ghee – 5 big spoons
2. Cashews and raisins – As required
3. Finely chopped Apple (after removing skin)– 1 kg
4. Jaggery melted – One big sized
5. Sago cooked – 2 handful
6. Coconut milk – of one coconut
7. Cardamom powder – As required
1. Fry cashews and raisins in 2 table spoon ghee and keep aside.
2. Heat the rest ghee in a pan, and cook the apple in medium flame for a few minutes.
3. Add jaggery to it and allow it to boil.
4. Add sago and coconut milk and cook it for a few minutes till contents thicken.
5. Add ghee along with roasted cashews and raisins and put the flame also. Add cardamom powder.
6. Serve once the payasam cools.
Archive: October 1-14, 2011
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)