Chicken Pie with Potato Pastry
Ingredients for chicken pie:
How to prepare chicken pie?
- Immerse tomato in boiled water for 2-3 minutes to remove its skin easily. Then make it into pieces.
- Marinate chicken pieces using ingredients 2.
- Heat oil and sauté onions. When it’s done, add ingredients one by one and sauté again. You can add water if needed.
- Add marinated chicken pieces to it and stir well.
- Add ingredients 6 to it and keep stirring till chicken is cooked.
- Add coriander leaves and cinnamon-cloves powder and mix well and take chicken pie from flame.
Ingredients for potato pastry:
- Maida – 300 gm
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper powder – ¼ small tsp
- Butter – 150 gm
- Potato cooked and smashed well – 300 gm
- Water – a little
How to prepare potato pastry?
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree.
- Blend well maida, salt and pepper powder.
- Use finger tips to add butter to it and make the mixture similar to bread crumbs.
- Now mix potato along with a little water to the above mixture and make a ball.
- Take an aluminum tray and apply a little butter on its surface.
- Divide the potato ball to two equal halves.
- Make a rectangular shape from one half and place it in oven dish. Place chicken filling on its top.
- Again make another rectangular piece from the remaining potato ball and place it on the top of chicken filling as second layer.
- Using a fork, press its edges to join two pieces. On the top also, prickle using fork so that vapours evaporate easily. Mix a white yolk and a little milk and pour on its top.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake for 35-40 minutes. Your chicken pie with potato pastry is ready to serve.
Read a few more chicken curry/side dish recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.