Nedukunnam is an agricultural village of Kottayam. Puzhukku Nercha of St.John de Baptist Church is famous for Puzhukk Nercha. Let me give you its recipe.
Ingredients for Puzhukk Nercha:
- Tapioca – 1 kg
- Kaachil kizhangu (Yam) – ¼ kg
- Chembu kizhangu (Colacasia) – 100 gm
- Raw banana – 100 gm
- Shallots – 15
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Green chillies – 6
- Chilli powder – 2 big spoons
- Coriander powder – 1.5 big spoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
- Masala powder -2 small spoons
- Meat – 150 gm
- Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
- Ghee – 1 big spoon
Method of preparation of Puzhukk Nercha:
- Wash all the tubers and banana, remove their skin and make them to small pieces.
- Cook meat adding salt.
- Apply a little oil in a tawa (uruli/pan) and add all powders mixed with water. Crush shallots, ginger, garlic and green chillies as well and add to boiling water.
- When water boils well, add half amount of tapioca and remaining tubers and banana.
- Spread meat on the top and masala powder and stir well.
- Add remaining tapioca and close it with a tight lid.
- Cook it well and mix it again and add coconut oil and ghee. Put the flame off.
Also read recipes for similar offerings in churches of Kerala:
(Visited 152 times, 1 visits today)