Puzhukk Nercha of Nedunkunnam Church
Nedukunnam is an agricultural village of Kottayam. Puzhukku Nercha of St.John de Baptist Church is famous for Puzhukk Nercha. Let me give you its recipe.
Ingredients for Puzhukk Nercha:
- Tapioca – 1 kg
- Kaachil kizhangu (Yam) – ¼ kg
- Chembu kizhangu (Colacasia) – 100 gm
- Raw banana – 100 gm
- Shallots – 15
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Green chillies – 6
- Chilli powder – 2 big spoons
- Coriander powder – 1.5 big spoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
- Masala powder -2 small spoons
- Meat – 150 gm
- Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
- Ghee – 1 big spoon
Method of preparation of Puzhukk Nercha:
- Wash all the tubers and banana, remove their skin and make them to small pieces.
- Cook meat adding salt.
- Apply a little oil in a tawa (uruli/pan) and add all powders mixed with water. Crush shallots, ginger, garlic and green chillies as well and add to boiling water.
- When water boils well, add half amount of tapioca and remaining tubers and banana.
- Spread meat on the top and masala powder and stir well.
- Add remaining tapioca and close it with a tight lid.
- Cook it well and mix it again and add coconut oil and ghee. Put the flame off.
Also read recipes for similar offerings in churches of Kerala:
(Visited 119 times, 1 visits today)
You may also like...
error: Content is protected !!