Ingredients for Fish curry with coconut milk and green mango :
- Fish – 1 kg (20 pieces)
- Coconut milk – 2 ½ coconut
- Coconut grinded – ½
- Fennel seeds – 1 big spoon
- Kudam puli – 100 gm
- Coconut oil – 50 gm
- Shallots – 100 gm
- Garlic paste – 50 gm
- Ginger – 50 gm
- Curry leaves – a handful
- Chilli powder – 2 big spoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
- Green mango – 1
- Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
- Shallots – 50 gm
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
How to make Fish curry with coconut milk and green mango?
- Wash fish well and make it to pieces.
- Grind together 3 and 4 to make a fine paste.
- Wash kudam puli well to remove its black. Add 200 milli water to it and boil for 10 minutes to reduce its volume to half.
- Heat 50 gm coconut oil and sauté chopped shallots (100 gm).
- Add garlic paste and sauté again. When it is done, add ginger chops and stir well.
- Rub curry leaves with your hands and add to oil.
- Add all powders to it and sauté again. Then reduce the flame and add kudam puli solution along with coconut milk. Keep stirring in lo flame.
- Add grinded coconut paste and boil it well. When its volume content is reduced considerably add green mangoes to it. Mangoes should be sliced to thin lengthy pieces.
- When it boils well, add fish piece along with salt and cook well.
- Heat one big spoon coconut oil and add 50 gm chopped shallots and fry light brown. Add 1 tsp chilli powder to this oil, stir well and add to your fish curry.
N.B: You can also use elephant yam as substitute of fish.
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)