Rice flakes, known as Aval in Tamil and Malayalam is used to prepare a wide range of sweet dishes. I have added yet another Aval Payasam recipe published in Vanitha. You can refer this link.
Ingredients of Aval Payasam:
- Ghee – 2tsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 1 tsp
- Aval (roasted rice) – 150 gm
- Sugar – 150 gm
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Aval powder – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ litre
How to prepare Aval Payasam?
- Heat ghee and roast cashew and raisins. Remove them from hot ghee.
- In the remaining ghee roast aval.
- Add aval powder and milk and stir continuously.
- Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted cashew and raisins and put the flame off.
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.